Archive for August, 2011
Top 10 Reasons to tell a friend about a.r.t.’s next event
***A MUST if she/he is a teacher.
(What is our next event? It is the a.r.t. teacher rummage sale on Saturday, August 27, from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm at Educators Credit Union/east side.)
- Helloooo. Who doesn’t want to save money these days? Those learning shops are pricey. Why not fill up his/her classroom with items that are kind on the budget?
- FREE. That’s right. FREE. “Bring one. Take one.” If he/she brings an art supply (markers, crayons, sketchbooks, colored pencils, etc.), they can take a classroom item from one of the rummage tables for FREE. (Limit 3 please) We will be collecting arts supplies for Arts @ Large, a non-profit providing arts programming for children.
- Learn more about a.r.t. (artists. rallying. together.). Meet other a.r.t.-ists.
- He/she will be helping kids get more art through A.W.E. (Artists Working in Education). These artist-in-residency programs are sometimes the highlight to a child’s school year. An artist may bloom thanks to A.W.E.
- Networking. Who knows… he/she just may meet a teacher to partner with for a future pen pal or community project. Or maybe that science kit of theirs is looking a little shaggy. But with another teacher’s materials, they both will have one kit that will make them feel like college professors.
- She/he will be helping kids get more art through the Skylight Theatre. Their programming in schools integrates drama, music, and humor to spark students’ interest in not only the arts, but writing as well. (I once was laughing so hard at one of their Kids Writes school assemblies, there was tears.) What an entertaining group of performers!
- He/she will have something to do after they grab their morning Alterra coffee (just down the street).
- Does she/he have kids who love to play school? Encourage that educator to be.
- No stress of waiting in long lines. No busy back to school shopping crowds.
- To find out what the special ‘surprise’ will be once they hit the cashier table. (He/she just may leave with a whole lot of smiles.)
Just a few quick tidbits…
*The wonderful staff at Educators Credit Union will be collecting classroom items the week leading up to the a.r.t. teacher rummage sale. (Aug. 22-26)
*Cash only please.
*Come early for the best selection.
*Feel free to spread the word via twitter, facebook, text, or old school phone calls.
Enjoy these last weeks of summer. As always, thank you for supporting a.r.t.
Dance and love,
Christina M. Ratatori, a.r.t. founding director